Printing on Mac: Huge fonts

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sun Feb 3 15:46:22 PST 2013

On 02/03/2013 08:55 PM, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> IIRC this was mentioned already a few weeks ago, but printing on Mac does not really work: The fonts come out huge and effectively unreadable, see attachment.

I noticed that your PDF contains 5 partially embedded fonts,
all of which have strange looking names (named like hex-numbers),
while PDFs created under Linux contain fonts under their normal
names.

Is this intentional?

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg

PS: I still think good looking cross-platform printing will ultimately
     require subsurface to include a common font. And I'd still propose
     to use the free / open source "Source Sans Pro" for this purpose.
     :-)