Printing on Mac: Huge fonts

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Sun Feb 3 22:33:20 PST 2013

Den 4. feb. 2013 00:46 skrev "Lutz Vieweg" <lvml at 5t9.de> følgende:

> On 02/03/2013 08:55 PM, Robert C. Helling wrote:
>>
>> IIRC this was mentioned already a few weeks ago, but printing on Mac
does not really work: The fonts come out huge and effectively unreadable,
see attachment.

> I noticed that your PDF contains 5 partially embedded fonts,
> all of which have strange looking names (named like hex-numbers),
> while PDFs created under Linux contain fonts under their normal
> names.
>
> Is this intentional?

My guess is that the font embedding happens automatically, without any
intent from us.

The prints worked fine earlier. I haven't been able to bisect to find the
exact commit, because dependencies to libdc and gtk-osx-application have to
be recompiled as well.