Localized Webpages / "About" / DE

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 4 03:10:34 PST 2013

Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> writes:

> On 02/04/2013 12:52 AM, Lutz Vieweg wrote:
>> I noticed a missing word, and applied some minor beautifications, find
>> the new version attached.
>
> Argh, accidently attached the old version again, now for real... I hope
> :-) (It's time for bed now, I suppose...)

Same here.

I think I got this started - please TEST!!!

About and Thanks should now be localized. The dates for the German
localized version of the home page / blog (which just links to the
English posts, anyway) look really stupid and foolish, but the two
localized pages look mostly ok I think...

It would be really nice to have a Downloads page in German and maybe a
German landing page for Dokumentation and Bugtracker that then simply
point to the English content (certainly for the Bugtracker...)

I started with a Downloads page translation and realized how many of the
terms I don't know or that sound completely idiotic to me... and we are
talking about my native language here. Sad, sad, sad.

I haven't quite figured out yet how to easily put the pages under git
(as they are residing in a Wordpress database), but if anyone else wants
to send me the About, Thanks and Download pages in a language of their
choice (French, Spanich, Italian, Russian... your pick - I'll even take
the major World languages like Norwegian and Finnish...)

But while you are at it - with the exception of German, Norwegian and
Russian we are still missing all of the translations of Subsurface...
I'd love it if people could send those in the next few days...

Thanks