Small bugs related to translation

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 4 12:17:13 PST 2013

Sergey Starosek <sergey.starosek at gmail.com> writes:

>> Ok, I now pushed a different fix that hopefully does better.
>> Can you test that one, please?
>
> It does work for cardinal directions in capitals (as translated) but not
> for lowercase. I guess it's not correct to do strncasecmp() against
> multibyte UTF-8 symbols.

That what Linus and I were discussing yesterday - I /thought/ it worked
for Russian but he said it didn't. I hate it when he's right.

The idea of looping through the translated string character by character
(unrolling the strcasecmp) really sucks as far as I'm concerned. I'm
almost back to saying "screw it, people need to input untranslated 'N'