gaschange event at begin of dive?

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Feb 5 07:49:02 PST 2013

On 2013-02-03 12:58, Jan Schubert wrote:
> On 02/03/13 02:17, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

>> that I
>> dive. I'm
>> been
>> changed
>> >
>> > This "feature" is not there while downloading from Predator but
>> only OSTC!?
>>
>> This should only happen if you "First Gas" is not Gas 0. Could that
>> be
>> the case?
>
> Aehm, actually no, it is the 1st gas.

The initial gas change event from libdivecomputer is intentional.
Because the current api reports gas changes, and not the active gas, how
else would you figure out the initial gas? There is no reason why the
initial gas has to be the first gas! There may be devices where that's
indeed the case, but that doesn't have to be true.

With this in mind, the ostc behavior is actually the correct one, and
all other backends have a bug here :-)

> But - again - I've to admit I
> did a OSTC firmware update to 2.60 which remembers me a discussion
> with Jef requesting a dump with dives using firmware >= 2.58.

That was for another purpose: to test the new gas mix active bits, and
the merge of the OC and CC lists. I'm still interested in this data.

Jef