Towards 3.0

Holger Dinkel holger.dinkel at gmx.net
Tue Feb 5 10:36:09 PST 2013

 On [03. Feb. 2013], Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:

> On 01/31/2013 06:08 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Am I missing anything?
>
> Advertisement! :-)
>
> But seriously, subsurface is known by way too few people given how
> excellent it is - especially in comparison to the crappy software
> most DC manufacturers curse their customers with.

I totally agree!

What I can offer as help is helping writing and publishing an article describing
subsurface, its history and most importantly how to use it. I am typsetter for
the online magazine "www.freiesMagazin.de" (in german, sorry) which publishes free
(CC-BY-SA) articles about free software, open source and Linux on a monthly
basis.

The german "about" page at http://subsurface.hohndel.org/de/about/ is already a
great start that can be used as a primer.

I feel that an article about subsurface would fit very well into the context of
the magazine, being free software and such. I don't know how many of our readers
are divers, but the free license of the magazine would allow anybody to reuse,
translate and republish the article wherever he sees fit.

Let me know what you think of this idea...

Best

Holger

PS: The editorial deadlines for march and april issue are 15.02. and 22.03.
    respectively, which makes an appearance in march issue rather unlikely.