Towards 3.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 5 13:08:08 PST 2013

Holger Dinkel <holger.dinkel at gmx.net> writes:

> Great.
>
> Editorial guidelines can be found at
> http://www.freiesmagazin.de/system/files/autorenrichtlinien-20120226.pdf
>
> The most important points are:
> - Format should be either ODF or plain text.
> - The length of the article can be up to 10 pages, anything longer than that
>   should be split (usually this is done for programming tutorial articles)
>
> What would be the best way to collaboratively draft this thing?
> - Use the subsurface repository?
> - Use the subsurface mailinglist?
> - Use something different altogether?
> - Some Wiki/Piratepad?
> - Individual Emails between the "designated authors"?
>
> My personal favorite would be a piratepad...

I have never used a piratepad, is that one of the shared online editors
like etherpad? Yes, that would be ideal. But let's first collect some
names to make sure we have enough people willing to participate.

It's a little late in the evening in Germany (if time zone math is
right), so let's give it till tomorrow evening German time to see if we
have enough participation.

I'm certainly going to try to help. My guess is that Lutz, Jan and
Robert might be in as well, but we should make sure :-)