Advertisement: We should include the "libdivecomputer" aspect

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Tue Feb 5 16:13:59 PST 2013

One additional thought on advertising subsurface to the "non-IT-affine"
majority: I think that the ability of subsurface to directly import log
data from a multitude of different DC models, including older ones, is
one of the outstanding features that make subsurface much different from
the "many other" dive log applications, including online-services, that
cannot do this.

Yes, this ability may technically be a feature of "libdivecomputer"
rather than of subsurface, but the broad public will be unable to
understand that distinction, and it would completely confuse people
to speak of both pieces of software not as a whole.

Thus I propose (assuming the authors all agree) to make
both the subsurface web page texts and any advertising material
cover both subsurface and libdivecomputer together.

What do you think?

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg