Advertisement: We should include the "libdivecomputer" aspect

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:13:01 PST 2013

Lutz,

I was first alerted to the existence of subsurface through a magazine
article.

I was then drawn to it by support for the Suunto Gekko.  There is this
nutty situation where Suunto don't support their own model in terms of PC
connectivity but do provide it for more expensive models.  I had one
computer in each category here and they were exceptionally unhelpful when I
contacted them to explore options.

Functionality and polish pre 2.1 were arguably a bit weak compared to
commercial offerings, but I've been amazed at how fast that has been
changing.

So I think the story is pretty good these days AND there is a decent chance
of attracting people with older machines - assuming they are present in the
target readership.

Regards,

Amit