Advertisement: Entries in free software directories?

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Feb 6 07:56:00 PST 2013

Hi Dirk,

there are online directories of free software, some of which exist
already for a long time and are pretty big & popular. The first that
came to my mind is "freecode.com", the direct successor of "freshmeat.net" -
http://freecode.com/

I noticed that Subsurface is not listed, there (a search for
"subsurface" only yields one hit, the "Boussinesque + Kinematic Wave
Equation Solver" :-)), and I wondered whether you might want to
create an entry? Should be free of cost and take only a few minutes.

More free software directories are listed under
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_software_project_directories
but AFAIK none of them is nearly as popular as freecode.com.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg