Localized Webpages / "Download" / DE

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 6 13:30:11 PST 2013

Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> writes:

> Today I had the opportunity to distract an Apple follower briefly
> from his ministrations, to get a glimpse on the precise wording
> of the "German localized" menu entries mentioned on the "Download" page.

Excellent!

> Find attached an improved version of the translated page, also with one
> typo fixed.
>
> (Intriguingly, Apple seems to actually use some very non-German words
> like "download" even in his DE locale.)

Please look at what I posted... for some reason all the tags seem to
fail on the translated page and only the text is posted (with the
exception of the first headline). No idea what's up with that, will fix
tomorrow (I hope).

The other thing we need to fix the text for Mac in both English and
German. There is a less drastic way to do this by just marking the
Subsurface program itself as being OK. I think Henrik pointed that out a
while ago...