please check out the somewhat re-designed website

Holger Dinkel holger.dinkel at gmx.net
Thu Feb 7 10:03:45 PST 2013

 On [07. Feb. 2013], Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Ok, that's a major overstatement, but I was doing this over the
> satellite "the 90s are back" internet connection here on the island.
>
> We now start out with a restructured "About" page that should be much
> more attractive. And have the headlines of the blog posts in the sidebar
> (as well as the language switcher).
>
> I have added Germanifications of a few more pages so I think this is now
> reasonably useful, even in German.
>
> Other languages are very welcome. I can give people editor accounts on
> the wordpress site, or you can just send me translated text...
>
> Most importantly, everyone take a look and let me know.
>
> One thing I still want to dramatically improve is the Download page.
>
> It should recognize a Windows or Mac connecting and simply present a big
> blue "DOWNLOAD" button that gets people the installer exe/DMG...
>
> /D

Hi Dirk,

you might be able to squeeze the menu into one line if you use language icons
instead of text ("(English)").

Also there's a slight inconsistency:
The button "Contributing" links to a german page that then links to
the english one. I think you should either call "Contributing" "Mitmachen" or directly link to the
english page in the first place as you do for "Building".