please check out the somewhat re-designed website

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 8 00:40:02 PST 2013

Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> writes:

> Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> new website: news section highlighting new features leaves the dive planner
>> until the final bullet which is sort of presented as for tec divers only.
>> Hmmm.  I'm not sure how many divers would become tech divers if they placed
>> dive planning * that * far down the priority list ;)
>
> Ha! :-)

Fixed. So there.

>> Really like the dive log plots on the home page.  I've not used print
>> preview or print myself, but notice there is a lack of colour there
>> compared to the single shot further up.  Do we loose colour when printing?
>
> So far we only print black and white. If someone wants to add color
> printing, go for it (but make it optional, as color dithering makes
> plots look horrible on b/w laser printers)

Actually, I noticed when creating screen shots for the German article
that we have 'some' color in the printout already. I forgot to do the
two deco / ceiling shadings in grey for the printout.

It's really easy to do this - all the colors are in two tables. Ideally
we should extend this to have three values: screen, b/w print, color
print...