Macports & subsurface

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:01:53 PST 2013

I'm messing around with macports.

(1) Noticed that there is a ticket 36885 which refers to subsurface 1.2
having been updated.

Type command:

port livecheck subsurface

into terminal and you'll see it.

Also, https://distiles/macports.org/subsurface/ shows 1.2 in an archive
file.  Wonder if we should mop up here when going to 3.0?

(2) I'm unclear now whether any patches are needed to get the current
development version to work on OS X. I'm getting conflicts between x11 and
quartz variants on gtk2 which seems to dump entries into
/opt/local/var/macports/logs for py27-pygtk and pango.  I have definitely
not applied any patches mentioned in the correspondence between Robert and
Henrik - I concluded that this was unnecessary (there was a reference to a
fix IIRC).  Wondering if I've stuffed something up separately or failed to
apply a required patch.