Deco calculation oddities..

Robert C. Helling helling at lmu.de
Fri Feb 8 03:00:09 PST 2013

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Linus,

> IOW, I am much happier seeing that there is no long-term state that is
> affected by the whole gradient factor, because that fundamentally
> makes it a sensible operation to look at the same tissue loading state
> using two different gradient factors.

Thinking about this a bit more, I just realized that there is a little bit
of memory involved: It comes in with lowest_ceiling: GF_low is supposed to
apply at the depth of the deepest deco stop (and not at the max_depth as
it was in my first version of deco.c). For the linear interpolation of
gradient factors we need to memorize this value.

And I would say this this depth should have no influence on the no flight
time. This is another reason to use for that calculation GF_high=GF_low =
(either 100% for plain vanilla Buehlmann or some reasonable GF_high like
80% or so). Having both equal makes, as I said earlier, the gradient
factor independent of the ambient pressure.

Best
Robert

                       Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
     stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de