Macports & subsurface

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 8 03:18:32 PST 2013

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> writes:
>>  > What's your paypal ID?  I'll throw in a few bucks.
>>
>> Very kind but I don't think that's necessary. I wasn't planning to put a
>> "Donate" button on the website, either. :-)
>
> Oh well.  Maybe I'll force you to accept a beer or two in Edinburgh then. :)

That I am indeed open to.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to reject people wanting to help
offset some of the cost this is creating (there's the $$$ for the server
hosting for example). But on the other hand... it's not like I am a
starving student, either. So I'm not soliciting donations.

I was just venting about Apple's ability to extract money from everyone
for almost anything.

>> In the overall cost of diving and writing this software (and taking a
>> trimix class in order to be able to write and verify that code...) this
>> all is just completely insane.
>
> Yeah, that's the only reason for doing the trimix course, I'm sure.

Frankly? Yes. I don't think that either Linus or I will do any trimix
dives any time soon.