lots of code changes - please test

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 9 11:05:42 PST 2013

Linus and I tackled the whole "we are using the first divecomputer"
mess. Long layovers between flights (and long flights) give you time for
boring and non-rewarding work like that.

The changes are in a fairly large number of commits which made it
ieasier to proof-read them and might be useful in case there are bugs
that need bisecting. But of course this many changes this late in the
release cycle... not exactly a brilliant plan. But the alternative of
having a fairly broken release didn't seem much better, either. After
all this is our first public release with multi-divecomputer support.

I am still hoping to be able to release 3.0 in about a week. That will
depend on getting a good amount of testing and of course the majority of
the translations done until then. So I guess there is a chance that this
will slip :-(

Linus and I have no more changes pending, so things should REALLY calm
down now... (famous last words)