Closing the last few issues

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 11 20:11:27 PST 2013

After some trial and error (all error) and some asking around I gave up
on transparent text to show in an overlay of the map - I went with the
far less appealing window title as place where we display the
instructions ("right click to mark dive location at cursor"). And of
course as I write this I realize a flaw in the patch that I already
pushed out, so I'll have to commit a fix for that and push that out in a
moment as well.

Anyway, as far as I know the only things missing now are some of the
translations (and sorry, this added another string, PO changes have been
pushed as well) and documenation.

If you have any other code that you really want to see in 3.0, please
respond to this email and let all of us know.

I am hoping for a shorter release cycle before we do a 3.1 that I assume
will add some of the work in progress: no fly time, color prining,
remembering window position, hopefully a better solution for the map
instructions, etc.

And then we need to decide if we do want to take on the effort to
migrate Subsurface to Qt. I had people come to me since talking about in
public, offering to do a first port, but I haven't heard anything
since... But that's a different discussion.