Segfault

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 04:01:07 PST 2013

On 12 February 2013 09:57, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I discovered some problem that causes subsurface to segfault. I didn't had
> time yet to investigate myself, but I have attached two different
> backtraces.
>
> In the first case (bt1.log), I created a new file, and downloaded data from
> a dive computer. Right after the download finishes, I hit the segfault. For
> the second case (bt2.log), I started subsurface with the command
> "./subsurface dives/*.xml". When selecting some dives in the treeview, a
> segfault again.
>
> I can reproduce these segfaults every time.

that's strange,
it could be due to a NULL pointer reaching strlen().

but i wonder why you somehow end up with sse2 entry point linkage and i don't.
when i compile something over here on ubuntu 12.04 x64 with standard
glib flags i get what i would expect to get, in a way.

a trivial x86 strlen:
xor ecx, ecx
not ecx
xor al, al
cld
repne scasb
not ecx
dec ecx
(instead of the, pcmpeqb, pmovmskb stuff that sse2 versions use in glibc)
i would have thought that sse2 is still optional in contemporary
x86-64 operational systems and compilers, hm..

lubomir