Segfault

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 12 08:29:58 PST 2013

Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I discovered some problem that causes subsurface to segfault. I didn't
> had time yet to investigate myself, but I have attached two different
> backtraces.
>
> In the first case (bt1.log), I created a new file, and downloaded data
> from a dive computer. Right after the download finishes, I hit the
> segfault. For the second case (bt2.log), I started subsurface with the
> command "./subsurface dives/*.xml". When selecting some dives in the
> treeview, a segfault again.
>
> I can reproduce these segfaults every time.
>
> Jef#0  __strlen_sse2_pminub () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strlen-sse2-pminub.S:39
> #1  0x00007ffff61422d2 in g_strdup () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0

Since the code in set_one_cylinder explicitly tests that we don't pass
in a NULL for description and that's the only string involved here, my
only guess would be that you are passing in a completely bogus but
non-NULL pointer.

I just don't see how that could happen...

Can you set a breakpoint in set_one_cylinder and take a look at what's
in cyl ?