Import .SDE without "unzipping"?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:44:01 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It seems that Divinglog uses file extension .mdb, JDiveLog has .jlb.
>> Do we support anything else with an extension that should be added?
>>
>> And do we actually read in the DivingLog's native .mdb or some export format?
>
> I believe we only read the XML export gtom DivingLog...
>
> .mdb usually indicates MS Access database files :-)
>
> The .jlb files are in fact the uggliest XML you will ever see - we
> import those directly.

Oh, it seems that the XML mimetype includes .jlb files (along with any
other XML files) just fine in the file selector. So it is only the
Suunto's compressed format that needed special treatment.

In the .jlb directory I had also some UDCF formatted exports and these
are not supported by Subsurface. Do you reckon support for UDCF would
be needed or would implementing the XSLT for that be just wasted time?

miika