More planner weirdness

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:40:21 PST 2013

> There is a fixed rate of 30ft/min (9m/min) hardcoded right now. That's
> what some other software that I looked had assumed and what was
> discussed in my tec classes. Definitely something we could make
> configurable in 3.1 - but I think we'll leave it as is for now.
>
> Could you enter this as a feature request post 3.0 in trac.hohndel.org
> so it doesn't get forgotten?
>
> > p.s. if you want me to stop playing until 3.0 is out just say so :)
>
> No! I WANT you to play with this and find bugs or raise questions like
> this one. That's what I am asking EVERYONE here to do. By all means,
> keep poking!
>
> /D

The 9m/min is fine for  normal ascent but I would expect the time from 3 to
the surface to be significantly more than 20 secs after a deco hang.  I
would be aiming for more like 3mns in that situation.  Likewise for 6 to 3.

I'm also having trouble getting the map to display at all for a dive where
I have entered a position, but that may be because I'm running it over an
SSH tunnel with x forwarding to a crappy x server on a windows laptop as
the girlfriend is using the Linux box right now.

Chris