Translation management ?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Feb 13 14:28:16 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 14:22 -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Kévin Raymond wrote:
>

> > > I have used it in a couple of projects and Kévin who leads the French
> > > translation in Fedora should be able to provide some help with it.
> > >
> > > Should we target this for 3.1?
> >
> > I think that's a good idea.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The worse is that  we still need an account to download translations from Transifex.
> > But I can certainly give you a patch to handle Transifex translations through the transifex client. If you agree I can create the project, send the patch and then change the project with correct ownership (set maintainers).
>
> Can we do this after 3.0 has been released? I'm really already overwhelmed with all the things we still are missing.

Well putting in place the infrastructure shouldn't too hard and is
pretty independent from subsurface itself.

We could set it up and just wait for 3.1 to do the integration in the
subsurface build itself.

> My #1 heartburn right now are the Italian and Spanish translations. But there's also release notes, README, web updates, etc, etc, etc

>From experience, I wonder if transifex wouldn't help on this.

> Anyone willing to work on some of these things?

I guess I can try to do some things for the French version and bother
Kévin until he does the reviewing :)

Pierre