Translation management ?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 13 16:24:39 PST 2013

On Feb 13, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Salvador Cuñat wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 02:22:02PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
>> My #1 heartburn right now are the Italian and Spanish translations. But there's also release notes, README, web updates, etc, etc, etc
>>
>> Anyone willing to work on some of these things?
>>

> May I help with the spanish traslation ?  Just tell me how.

That would be wonderful. We had four or five people working on this last time around, but I haven't heard from a single one of them :-(

> I don't know how poedit works but it looks pretty easy.

It is indeed quite straight forward.

Run

poedit po/ed_ES.po

Go to Catalog->Settings->Path and enter ".." (this allows the program to find the source files - you need to only do this the first time)

Then for every English text it shows you, enter an appropriate Spanish translation… if you want to understand the context where the text is used, right click and then clicking on the References given should show you the source location…

Let me know if these explanations are sufficient. Any partial translation that you can provide would be EXTREMELY welcome.

Is there another Italian speaker here who could help with that translation? I'd hate to have to disable it :-(