Still in time to change the table print ?

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:21:44 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 03:15:22PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> demonstrably improve the printout result I might still add them, once
> they have been tested on Windows and Mac as well.

This is, off course, necesary as we know the problems Lubomir located on
the print of the tanks  (win version).

> So you cannot calculate a maximum number of pages (assuming, let's say,
> 25 dives per page) and then simply stop printing once all dives are
> printed?

This is what we're actually doing but 25 dives will leave us with half
the paper free,  so 35 works better.

> Alternatively you could pre-render the table printout and then set the
> number of pages afterwards (contrary to the profiles, this pre-rendering
> should take almost no time).

It's my next goal, but with time limitations may be it get too late for
3.0.

> > -	char headers[7][80]= { N_("Dive#"), N_("Date"), N_("Depth"), N_("Duration"), N_("Master"),
> > +	double maxwidth, colwidth, curwidth;
> > +	char headers[7][80]= { N_("Dive#"), N_("Date"), N_("Depth"), N_("Time"), N_("Master"),
>
> This makes me nervous. You changed the text back from Duration to Time -
> this is something that Miika fixed 4 days ago. Regressions like this are
> quite annoying, especially this late before the release. And of course
> that means I now need to go through every other line of your patch with
> a very fine tooth comb...

This has been a big "cagada" (in spanish in the original). I began with
this before Miika's changes and thought have cleaned all the patch
before send it, but didn't see it. Ther're no more like this in the
patch.  Tonight will send the correct one.

Regards

Salva