Still in time to change the table print ?

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:57:12 PST 2013

On 14 February 2013 20:32, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 06:10:44AM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you add a tiny margin on the left on each cell? Currently the text
>>> is on top of the vertical cell divider, or too close to it (IMO).
>>>

>> Off course Miika, as i'm changing the patch because of the failure
>> Dirk's noted,  I'll include in it.
>
> Lubomir, have you been able to check this on Windows? I don't have a Windows machine from which I can print :-(

i get a:

Applying: Modify table print for using pango_layout_get_extents()
Warning: commit message does not conform to UTF-8.
You may want to amend it after fixing the message, or set the config
variable i18n.commitencoding to the encoding your project uses.

from "git am" which is probably an easy fix.
the patch applies regardless.

----------------
table:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2n66pz.jpg
what miika says is viable here i guess, some margins won't be a bad idea.
one problem, as you can see here is that the words in my language for
the column titles are a bit long, so perhaps the font should be
reduced. offsetting the entire table is not an option because the
words are still cut like:

locati
on

----------------
6x:
http://i46.tinypic.com/m9apz5.jpg
the separation between tank entries seems to be the same on windows,
so either we are not doing what mr. carl suggested (yet?) or perhaps
there is an actual windows/gtk problem here, which was my initial
thought.

btw i got a SEGFAULT the first time i tried to printing a 6x, but then
it was gone in the exact same scenario, so i wasn't able to debug it.
will confirm if it pops-out again.

lubomir