please test Mac DMG

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:58:07 PST 2013

Hi Dirk,

very well done for getting this thing tamed.

I downloaded and dragged the dmg to Applications folder where it sat
alongside the currently installed version (earlier version compiled
locally).  I then double clicked the dmg to open the package and then
dragged .app into applications.  I received a dialog (do you want to
replace etc.) so said yup.

The application installed and ran without fuss.  One thing I really noticed
was how much faster it responded compared to the previous installation. For
example, an older local build took 8 seconds or more to respond to a menu
selection (Edit device names or About were both slow).  The newer build is
near instance with Edit names, but still takes a good 12 seconds to return
the about dialog.

The map widget renders in response to the Cmd-M

Printing worked fine.

Looks good to me.  And for once no user error my end!