Merging data from two DC broken?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 16 00:32:14 PST 2013

Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> writes:

> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> here are a couple of notes I did during doing a bit of testing with
>> the current development version of Subsurface:
>>
>> - Data from two dive computers are not merged (used on same dives), I
>> have no idea what has changed since this used to work. I tested this
>> with closing the divelog and starting a new one.
>> - It used to be - if I downloaded Stinger first (with no air
>> integration) and Vyper Air then, the air data from the second DC was
>> not used/shown. I just cannot verify this anymore as dives from my two
>> DCs are not automatically merged currently. (This was the case about a
>> month ago)
>
> Is this with doing an actual download or are you importing XML files?

The reason I'm asking... we changed the merging a while ago so that it
does NOT try to merge dives if they are BOTH in a trip. So if you have
one file with a trip and then download (that dive has no trip) things
work. But if you saved them separately and both have trips, then this no
longer merges (this is intentional so you can actually load XML files
from two different people and the result is still somewhat useful).