Status towards 3.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 16 10:07:44 PST 2013

On February 16, 2013 9:36:25 AM Reinout Hoornweg <reinout at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2013 23:31:42 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > Documentation:
> > ==============
> >
> > Not updated at all since 2.1.
> > This is the gating issue right now
> [...]
> > Timing:
> > =======
> >
> > Heck if I know. I really wanted to get this out this weekend, but
> > without Documentation update that won't happen. So now I'm aiming for
> > later next week. I hope to hear from Jacco where he stands - worst case
> > I'll need to pull a couple more all-nighters while I'm at ELC in San
> > Francisco and just finish it...
>
> I can help with the documentation.
> I could edit various sections of the user-manual.txt and send in patches.

Thank you..
My problem is that I know that Jacco has started, but he hasn't sent a
single patch and has not responded to my emails asking where he is.
So far I wanted to avoid duplicate work but I think we need to switch
to plan B. So yes, frequent patches with small updates (instead of a
big rewrite in a few days) would be much appreciated...