Some updates to the user-manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 16 15:25:01 PST 2013

Reinout Hoornweg <reinout at xs4all.nl> writes:
>> My problem is that I know that Jacco has started, but he hasn't sent a
>> single patch and has not responded to my emails asking where he is.
>> So far I wanted to avoid duplicate work but I think we need to switch
>> to plan B. So yes, frequent patches with small updates (instead of a
>> big rewrite in a few days) would be much appreciated...
>
> Here you go. Eight small rewrites of several parts of the documentation.
> Mostly simple things like adding features/options/menu-items that are new in
> version 3.0.

This is phantastic. And you sent the changes EXACTLY in the form that I
wanted. Small, self contained commits. This way, if several of us are
working on this in parallel, the chances of successfully merging all the
changes are much better and it becomes much easier to look at a commit
and understand what it changed.

Excellent, excellent.

This makes me much more optimistic that we can get everything done over
the next few days.