Video Tuturial now available

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sat Feb 16 16:54:21 PST 2013

Hi,

you can now find the first version of my video tutorial on Subsurface at
http://archive.org/details/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial

Please let me know what you think about is, whether I something is
completely wrong or missing etc.

The narrators voice track has some noise floor due to me not owning
professional microphone equipment, I had to use the builtin microphones
of my GH2 camera. I tried to apply a dynamic noise gate filter, but
the side effects were more adverse than the noise floor.

I wonder whether it's worth uploading downscaled versions of the video
since the bit rate required for a decent 1080p image is kind of low,
anyway (due to the small scenery complexity).

To embed the video into a web page, you can use HTML 5 code like this:

<video width="960" height="540"
poster="http://archive.org/download/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial/Subsurface_Tutorial_1080p30_3Mbps.gif" controls>
   <source src="http://archive.org/download/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial/Subsurface_Tutorial_1080p30_3Mbps.mp4" type="video/mp4">
   <source src="http://archive.org/download/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial/Subsurface_Tutorial_1080p30_3Mbps.webm"
type="video/webm">
   Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag,
   to watch the video anyway, please download it from either
     http://archive.org/download/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial/Subsurface_Tutorial_1080p30_3Mbps.mp4
   </a>
   or
   http://archive.org/download/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial/Subsurface_Tutorial_1080p30_3Mbps.webm