Display Behaviour Change on Trip Selection

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:21:37 PST 2013

Hi,

[Dirk - this version lacks the xml attachment - the one with the attachment
is stuck in "awaiting moderator approval" due to file size.]

I think I've stumbled on a change in the visual behaviours between an older
2.1 version and current master.

Old behaviour was buggy but the dive plot window never blanked if you had a
dive selected and then selected a trip.  With the trip selected, if you had
the stats page of the tab widget showing, selecting a dive within the trip
initially blanked all the stats.  Moving the selecting subsequently (mouse
click or arrow) restored them. I stumbled across the change when comparing
this to master to see if it had been fixed.

New behaviour: selecting a trip blanks the dive plot window.  Also, the
behaviour of stats seems a little odd in several ways.  For example, the
number of dives in the trip might be one or the correct value (n say),
depending on whether the trip is exploded or collapsed.  And when clicking
from trip included dive to the trip (dive plot blanks) the reported stats
remain those of the last user selected dive within the trip.

Unclear if this is known issue or not.  Apologies for noise if it is..

[NOT] Attaching XML file in case it is a side effect of the particular file
I'm using.  That file features what may be becoming on of the most famous
tri-mix courses ever. Dirk, you'll certainly recognise it if it gets past
the scrubbing.  Yellow Hood etc..[see first line of text]