user manual - planning dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 18 13:47:21 PST 2013

Reinout Hoornweg <reinout at xs4all.nl> writes:
>> Also, the created html file now references images/icons/warning.png
>> which we don't appear to have...
>
> Ah, that's probably because I used the asciidoc's way of showing a warning.
> The 'make user-manual.xhtml' uses a2x which can create an images-directory
> with the needed icons.

The look and feel of the html created by that was strange. Tables are
very narrow, for example. Can you explain the advantages to me?

> Makes the page look prettier and I think at some point we'll need an images-
> directory anyway if we want to add screenshots to the documentation.

That's a good point. The documentation is utterly lacking images and
that's a major shortcoming. Not sure we'll have time to address this
time around (remember, I'm trying to release in just a few days), but
definitely something to work on.

> But I can also rewrite the offending parts of user-manaual.txt to not use the
> icons. To be honest, I hadn't noticed the missing images.

There is just one missing. For local display a simple

ln -s /etc/asciidoc/images .

in the Documentation directory fixes things. I'll need to figure this
out for the automated upload to the website but I'm sure I can make this
work :-)

So no, let's not change this back.