runtime table shown in planner

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Feb 15 15:16:28 PST 2013

Playing around with the planner there is (again) the question raised why
there is a difference between the planned dive and the deco overlay.
This might confuse people using 3.0 not knowing that the planner and the
deco overlay using different approaches. See the screenshot attached
showing the planned dive being more aggressive than the deco overlay.

Other issue: Sorry for coming up that late, but I did not have a close
look to the runtime in the window left of the profile before (might be
that I just switched to a resonable resolution and have now a chance to
see this window when before I always hide it to have space enough for
the profile). The runtime in there should be printed in a simple table
like this:
Depth Time(to stay) Runtime(to leave) [Gas] [SP]

It is also common to round the times (to stay) to full minutes (and use
this for deco calculation).

So in the given example from the screenshot it should look something
like this:

110   20   20 10/70
 51    1   28
 48    1   29
 45    1   30
[...]
 12    9   79
  9   13   92
  6   17  109
  3   25  134

Also the gas usage showed at the bottom is wrong and useless for a the CCR dive I planned, this should only be printed for (all the) OC gases used.

I suggest to not change this issue now that we heading towards 3.0 but
to save them for later on. I would offer to add a corresponding ticket
to Trac and come up with patches afterwards?

The screenshot also shows that the profile is still cut (on the right
side) where the dive profile ends ignoring a deco overlay being longer.
I remember we had a discussion about this before but would also suggest
to postpone this after 3.0.

Thx,
Jan