BUG: multiple selections are lost when re-sorting

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:41:31 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> This used to work.
>
> - Start Subsurface
> - Select several dives inside one or more trip(s)
> - change sort column (dives are still selected)
> - change back to 'trip sort'
> - only the 'selected_dive' is still selected
>
> As it happens, that first successful change of sorf column (from trips
> to one of the others) appears to be the ONLY one where we keep the selection.

Even when this scenario happens to work, there is another problem. The
dives that are selected do not really stand out. I have attached 2
screenshots, one with the selection as when I select them
(selection_ok.png), the other when changing sort order. It is really
difficult to see what is selected on the second one
(selection_not_ok.png).

Also, was it the intention that if I have one dive selected from a
trip and collapse it, all the dives in that trip get selected?

miika