Debian package

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Feb 20 07:54:15 PST 2013

I still don't understand why people insisted on the stupid shared library
approach.

It was stupid a year ago, it I'd stupid now. Why do we do it again? It has
only downsides, no upsides. Libdivecomputer isn't used enough for the
"sharing"part of shared libraries to make sense.

We used to link statically. It's the right way to do these things.

       Linus