An adventure in diving log software

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Feb 20 10:09:10 PST 2013

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <subsurface at henrik.synth.no> writes:

> Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Henrik Brautaset Aronsen<subsurface at henrik.synth.no>  writes:
>>
>>> ... but there's more to it, I guess.  The zip file doesn't show up, and
>>> importing the zip on the command line fails.
>>
>> I'm surprised it doesn't show up. You've verified that you have
>> libzip-dev?
>
> I thought I had installed it, but that was on a different machine.
> Installed now, and patch submitted :)

Ask me why I immediately thought of this? It turns out that git bisect
runs into a ton of broken versions that don't build if you have
libzip-dev installed. I found out the hard way when trying to track down
the selection bug yesterday. I had libzip installed but not -dev and
hadn't realized that I wasn't actually building that code for quite a
while...