Question about screenshots in the Documentation

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:28:11 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Reinout Hoornweg <reinout at xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> I just wanted to make a screenshot for the documentation, but realized my
>> screenshot was quite different from the other screenshots already included
>> because of differences in windowmanagers and themes.
>>
>> Miika, you provided the other screenshots, what kind of setup where you using?
>
> It's rather late for him... it's a recent Ubuntu and then manually added
> frames around it

Here are some specs on my system:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Appearance Theme: Ambiance (default)

I have:
- opened the screenshots on gimp
- fine tuned the cropping if needed
- copy the whole screenshot to buffer (fixed version of course)
- create a new image with ctrl-n
  - Increase the dimensions with 6 pixels on width and height (the
default size for new image is the dimensions in the copy buffer, or
active image - not sure which)
- change the color to the one used in the documentation (527bbd)
  - double click the front color on the toolbox
  - paste the desired color to the "html code" field
- paint the canvas blue with fill bucket
- paste the screenshot from copy buffer, it will be centred properly by default
- ctrl-a && ctrl-s

All image formats I have used are the default pngs and default
settings on gimp when saving.

If you don't get the appearance right, I can do this. Just tell me
what you want and send other specs needed for the screenshot.

miika