Release Notes

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Feb 21 00:13:51 PST 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Martin Gysel wrote:

> Given the fact that his name is *Bühlmann* I'm not happy with neither
> Buhlmann nor Buehlmann. Unfortunately it way too late to ask him about
> his own preference ;)
> But I can understand that is is much easier to use Buhlmann as most
> keyboard layout don't provide the letter /ü/ directly...

Hard to say. I myself would always type Bühlmann but I know that it is not uncommon amongst scientists to get rid of non-7bit ASCII characters in their names on papers to be visible in (old) databases. My boss' name is Lüst but he publishes as Lust (which btw translates the meaning of the name from German to English, I don't know if that is an advantage). And Julius Wess (of supersymmetry fame) was born as Weß but never used that for similar reasons.

Just my $.02
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de