3.0 has been released (Dirk Hohndel)

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:40:16 PST 2013

Guys,

Now that 3.0 has escaped into the wild, time to tell you how impressed I've
been with the pace at which this project has gone.

Way back when, it took me a while to get the older version working on may
stock machines (one Linux, one Mac).  When I did, I was slightly surprised
at how limited the app was in some regards.  I've watched with interest as
things have changed/improved.  And then all of a sudden, impressive stuff
just started to appear out of nowhere.  Web service, companion apps, maps,
a bunch of translations, videos....?  There's a lot of talent on display
here and I think you can all be proud of what's been achieved.  [Including
a bunch of people who I've not acknowledged directly - had to stop
somewhere.]

Dirk, perhaps more than anyone, the effort you've put into this has been
visibly (favourite word alert?) "awesome." At times I've been sitting here
asking "where in the World is he today to be on line NOW?" I'm sure
everyone on the list has noticed this and I hope they'll join in
acknowledging it.

A number of you have helped me with bits a pieces.  I feel I've learnt a
lot in the last couple of months and I'm grateful for the assistance.
Looking forward to version->next()...

If any of you find yourselves in London.....let me know.  Particularly if
you like Spanish food/wines...I know just the place.