Max. Tiefe fehlerhaft?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Feb 23 11:44:53 PST 2013

2013/2/23 Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de>:

> Translation service for non-Germans: He says that his OSTC as well as the dive notes report a max-depth of 18.5m while the profile and the table only state 18.2m. But he likes V3.0 very much never the less!

This is common. Many dive computers report a "max depth" that doesn't
actually match the deepest sample. And since it is almost always
deeper than the deepest actual sample, my personal guess is that it's
simply that samples are saved at some arbitrary points (say, every ten
seconds), but that the computer is doing depth sensing and deco
calculations more often (say once a second).

So we save the max depth separately.

That said, I think the dive table should show that separate max depth
thing. I idly wonder why it doesn't, but I didn't spend any time
looking into it.

              Linus