Suggestions for a few planner features

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Feb 23 12:47:06 PST 2013

On Feb 23, 2013, at 9:06 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

Hi,

> Who on this list feels able (and is willing to invest a bit of time) to
> write Gtk UI elements that we need? Seriously, please speak up, you are
> not committing to any work, I just want to understand how many people
> there are...

I have not done GUI stuff since the days of my Atari ST (i.e. late 80's), since then I have always relied on the browser to handle GUI (described in terms of html).

But learning to use GTK has been on my 'things I would like to learn'-list for several years now.

So this is a wish, but currently I cannot make any promises about possibilities of future commitment (as this depends on family and job obligations, in this order). And for me that means if it involves more than parroting other people's code (i.e. add a third input field where there are already two) there is some learning to be done before.

Re QT, for me this question is just a matter of taste, I know as little QT as I know GTK, but in general I prefer the look and feel of GTK applications to those using QT.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de