cutting a 3.0.1 release

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:21:07 PST 2013

On 23 February 2013 21:33, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:
>
>> On 23.02.2013 17:01, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> I have now confirmed that the Mac package also is incomplete wrt XSLT
>>> (this time the code to identify the location works, I simply didn't
>>> package the XSLT files in the bundle). Adding to that the improvements
>>> for UDDF import and the JDiveLog import improvements and a 3.0.1 makes
>>> sense as it actually delivers on the promise of better ability to import
>>> from other divelog software.
>>>
>>> Given that, are there other patches that people are working on that
>>> would make sense to be included? I want to get this out fairly quickly
>>> so I'm only looking for obvious bug fixes at this point (plus
>>> translation / documentation updates).
>>

>> I second to release subreleases including bugs and improvement for the
>> current version. I'd suggest to keep this going until the next major
>> version is released.
>>
>> As we already got questions concerning the DR5 I'd like to see these
>> patches included and if they are assumed to arrive soon (next couple of
>> hours) to wait.
>
> I will wait at least another two days or so - this way we get some more
> feedback (and some more time for everyone to fix their favorite bug).
>
> I also want to install a Ubuntu VM as I get the feeling that that is
> sufficiently different from Fedora at times to be worth having
> locally. See the crazy bug from Facebook.

my second setup is ubuntu 12.04, so important changes are always tested there.
but i cannot reproduce that bug with 12.04 and i don't think i saw on
which ubuntu it actually happens.

if we remove the GTK_STOCK_GO_BACK icon for that item and then the
text suddenly becomes normal this wouldn't make any sense. if there is
an override somewhere to to allow showing menu text depending on
selected icon, that would be strange.

lubomir