So, did the Subsurface 3.0 announcement start a download frenzy?

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sat Feb 23 16:32:20 PST 2013

Hi,

I was just wondering whether the different efforts to make
the public aware of Subsurface 3.0 succeeded in sparking a
download frenzy - Dirk, you probably noticed some spike in
web-access / download counters?

A number I can contribute is the number of downloads of the
video tutorial: According to archive.org, the video has
been downloaded 288 times, so far. (You can find this counter
in the lower right corner at
http://archive.org/details/SubsurfaceVideoTutorial - it's
updated by archive.org automatically about every 48 hours or so.)

288 video downloads IMHO is not a bad start, but certainly
leaves some gap for us to catch up on PSY, whose "Gangnam Style"
was viewed 1,349,256,013 times during the last 7 months.

@Dirk: If you could perform some funny dance-moves to some
mediocre background pop-music, wearing some original outfit
(the LCA shirt will probably do), I'm sure we can attract
the ~1.4E+9 views we need in the next 6 months to beat PSY ;-)

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg