3.0 testing priorities

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 24 12:53:27 PST 2013

On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:51 AM, Amit Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hmm. Not sure I get how versioning is supposed to be working.  On Linux just now I did:
>
> git pull
> make
> ./subsurface
>
> ...and I get 3.0-16-g069c36c95ca1 (note: dot slash subsurface) from the help about dialog.
>
> I know that this is the *wrong* OS and so is not the DMG at all, but do they get different version numbers after that first slash and before the hex stuff? Could it take > two hours to update after you push *and* jump by 5 at that first position after dash?

The number after the dash is the number of commits since the last tag. After the second dash is the commit SHA. But because our Makefile rules aren't super human, unless you do "make clean && make", you often don't get the correct data there...

As I am typing this you should get 3.0-25-g7b20fb826c9f - but by the time you read this it may be even more than that :-)