glade / GtkBuilder [was: Re: Suggestions for a few planner features]

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:41:04 PST 2013

On 24 February 2013 23:32, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Jeepers. I played with Glade-2 (as we are gtk-2 based I thought that was
> the one to try). What an utter piece of crap. I'd rather poke my eyes out…
>
> Anybody who has used QtCreator (and I haven't spent all THAT much
> time with it, either) will just shudder with the Glade-2 user experience.

tried glade from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gladewin32/
version is 3-3.6.1 and it seems to work with my gtk+ 2.24 setup - the
one for subsurface.

well i haven't seen glade-2, but this IDE isn't that bad i guess. here
is a quick attempt at a UI (attached):
i wasn't able to get the static GtkListStore data to show at all, thought.
it stores it all in the .glade (XML) format.

QtCreator is a much more mature peace of software on the other hand.

lubomir