3.0 testing priorities

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:05:04 PST 2013

Testing OS X

Deleted all previous applications (drag to trash).

Confirmed I have the latest ( - 26 - sha etc)

Started to test various basic menu options.  Response times are pretty
rubbish...

On Linux (admittedly half decent 64 bit desktop machine) menu responses are
immediate.  On the Mac Book Pro, they are so slow I'm thinking "this app is
going to drive me nuts"....

Returning to the app on subsequent tests things seem to get a bit
snappier.  It's as if the first time it runs something it really can't be
bothered but then it learns how to go a bit quicker.  But these are things
I'd expect to happen really fast.

The map widget seems to come up fast.  The about dialog not so.  Planner
also rather sluggish.  Does gtk on mac go around the houses somehow? And
does the map widget by pass this stuff?

To test the web service, do I need some sort of id?

I have Suunto devices (Gekko & Vyper Air).  I'm not aware of having tripped
over the compressed data formats you mentioned.  Is this something I can do
it someone sends a file to test? Or are they things that can be persuaded
out of other applications (e.g. Suunto DM4)?