Add bluetooth setup to user manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Feb 25 17:19:04 PST 2013

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

> On 25.02.2013 22:30, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:
>>
>>> I'd suggest to rename chapter "4.2. HOW TO FIND THE DEVICE NAME" to
>>> something like "4.2. HOW TO FIND THE DEVICE NAME FOR USB ENABLED
>>> DEVICES" in the user manual and add the following chapter. I've not
>>> translated it to German yet as I would someone else read this first and
>>> I would just Englisch terms anyway. So maybe you can have a look to this:
>> We have no German translation of the manual, anyway :-)
>
> Oh, didn't know. I never read manuals :-)

That explains a lot :-)

>> Is there a specific reason why you didn't send this as a patch with a
>> proper SOB?
>
> Didn't know that this is part of the git source also, sorry.

Documentation/user-manual.txt

>> Clearly your instructions are targeted at Linux users... it would be
>> nice to also have some words for the majority of our users (on Windows
>> and Mac)...
>
> I've no idea about Mac. I might be able to find a Windows Box around and
> install subsurface there, bot not today, Sorry.

No worries - clearly I'm not releasing 3.0.1 today :-(
If you could send me this as a Signed-off-by patch for tomorrow (and
maybe add what you find out about Windows, too), that would be great.
Obviously I'll take Documentation patches until the very last second
(and even after I tagged the release) - they clearly don't break things
and I want the best possible docs on the website.

Which gives me another idea... We should add a menu entry under "Help"
that opens a browser with the user manual - now that we have the browser
opening links working on all platforms :-)

I'll try to work on that tonight.