Adding Notes not possible

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:06:24 PST 2013

On 26 February 2013 03:24, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 25 February 2013 22:33, Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at gmx.li> wrote:
>>> Might be another Ubuntu thing but I just encounterd the notes dialog is
>>> missing (to small, not expandable), see screenshot attached. The box is
>>> running Ubuntu 13.04.
>>>

>> should be fixed when we make the dialog scrollable, which should be "soon".
>> actually, since we are talking about GTK here, and even if i've tested
>> a scrollable dialog once before, "soon" still seems a bit
>> optimistic... :-)
>
> Boy do I know that feeling. Did I mention how much I'm annoyed by Gtk
> today? I already have? Repeatedly? Never mind.

i'm sort of tolerable still, given its free and open source, but
that's the only straw that's holding GTK above the quick sand for me.

a Qt transition will be slow, for example, for every button and signal
there is a rewrite - we add those to GTK with every single day as
users request functionality.
i'm also not sure about the "will gettext work with Qt" situation.

but Qt5 with QtQuick2.0 with QML is simply a beast, from what i've
seen on their youtube channel and it soon will be possible to run on
Android and iOS properly. i believe a certain UI component choices
have to be made thought...

one annoying thing for me is that one can end up with a 40mb folder of
dependencies for a small app, which is over-bloat.
they are using ICU for internalization now, which is alone is huge
20mb+ dyn-library (or at least for the Qt5 build case).

> Any ETA?
> (yes, I hope you're asleep now as it is something like 3:30am for you...)

quite busy right now, but probably by the end of the week...or when
there is more time for testing.
if someone has the free time - please go ahead.

lubomir