Test dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 26 07:54:22 PST 2013

Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> I added a few test dives exported from other software (Dm3, DiveLog 5.08,
>> JDiveLog 10.2 from Mac - last one doesn't parse because of encoding... Also
>> a composed XML zip file from DiveLog isn't supported, yet)
>> Find them under dives
>
> Now this gets interesting. Is there ANY logic in the units in the
> dives/TestDiveDiveLog5.08.xml? It seems that some of the temperatures
> are in C (Airtemp and Watertemp) and some in F (samples). Otherwise I
> would guess we are talking metric here, but I do not see any specs
> (another log I have seen from DivingLog had all the units in metric,
> as far as I could guess). BTW is the Weight in kg or lb?

I have purchased DivingLog and should be able to create any combination
of data for the test file that we could possibly want. I'll do a set in
a moment that describe what SHOULD be there in their notes, maybe that
will clear things up.

That said, I really want to release 3.0.1 in the next couple of hours,
so this may have to wait for 3.0.2 (if we end up needing that) or 3.1.

> The divelogs.de UDCF format looks like it shouldn't take long to write
> support for. I'll look into it this evening.

It is evening for you, right? No pressure, just making sure I understand
what may be coming in in patches in the next hour or two